The AECI is the largest representative Trade Association in the Irish Electrical Industry. It offers a comprehensive range of technical and business support services and facilities for members.The support services and facilities are constantly being expanded, with particular emphasis on raising the standard of electrical work, and better equipping members to compete in the ever-changing economic climate of today. Whether it is a commercial, industrial, or domestic project, assistance and advice is available at all times.
Details on all our services are available from the AECI head office in Dublin where full-time staff deal with enquiries.
List of Services
- One-Stop-Shop for all insurance needs.
- Industrial relations service and representation.
- Technical information service.
- AECI Newsletter – sent to all members regularly.
- Technical publications, i.e: Writing Rules, Fire Alarms etc.
- Regular circulars on wage rates , holidays 2011-2012 and technical representation.
- Guidelines on how to cost labour charges, including overheads for various sized contracting Companies (1 – 100 +)
- Lobbying interface with government departments.
- Regional Branches – Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway and Waterford. Many activities are organised at branch level throughout the country and members are encouraged to participate in all AECI activities at local level. New Branches welcome.
- Health & Safety at Work – Advice/Guidance/Training.
- AECI Conditions of Contract (legal and binding).
- Contract documents available.
- Labour cost rates build-up ready reckoner
- Courses and lectures – Technical and Business, including:
◊ Better business methods
◊ Good practice for interim claim and final accounts
◊ Basic contract law & payment
|I.S. 3217||Code of Practice for Emergency Lighting|
|I.S. 3218||Code of Practice for Fire Detention and Alarm Systems for Buildings – System Design, Installation and Servicing|
|I.S. 409||Self-contained smoke detectors for private dwellings|